_____ two large boneless chichen breasts
_____ one 28 ounce can of Hunt's Choice Cut diced tomatoes
_____ one large yellow onion, sliced in fourths and separated
_____ one Bell Pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
_____ one 10 ounce can of Rotels Extra Hot diced tomatoes
_____ two cloves of fresh garlic, smashed
_____ 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
_____ one teaspoon poultry seasoning
_____ one teaspoon of fresh basil, without stems
_____ two cups of white rice
1. Gather a ten inch Dutch Oven, oven gloves, lid lifter, long tongs, lid stand, charcoal and charcoal chimney. Also, figure out where you will place the finished pot of chicken when you bring it in. It is heavy and big. A metal pizza pan placed on top of trivets works for me. You will need one for each Dutch Oven dish.
2. Start the charcoal in the charcoal chimney.
3. Start the white rice in the rice cooker.
4. Open the cans and gather the other ingredients.
5. In a 10 inch Dutch Oven place one ring of charcoals under the Dutch Oven. Add all the above ingredients in any order.
6. Place the lid on the Dutch Oven and put 1 1/2 rings of charcoal on the top lid. This should produce a 350 degree oven.
7. Cook approximately 50 minutes, rotating the lid about 180 degrees about half way through to make sure the heat is even.
8. Serve over the rice.
9. Have plenty to drink. This dish is hot.
Note: The tomatoes in this dish are highly acidic, and not especially good for your dutch oven. It's not a problem during the cooking phase, but don't keep the finished dish in the dutch oven any longer than necessary. Transfer to Pyrex or Corning container ASAP.
mail comments to email@example.com
[Go Back to My Dutch Oven Page]
[Go Back to My Food Page]
[Go Back to My Home Page]