Dutch Oven Buttermilk Corn Bread Recipe by Donald Burger, Houston, TX
Dutch Oven Buttermilk Corn Bread
Recipe by Donald Ray Burger
Attorney at Law
_____ one cup yellow cornmeal
_____ one cup white flour
_____ 2 tablespoons sugar
_____ 4 teaspoons baking powder
_____ 1/2 teaspoon salt
_____ 1 cup water
_____ 1 large egg
_____ 4 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
1. Gather a ten inch Dutch Oven, oven gloves, lid lifter, long tongs, lid stand, charcoal and charcoal chimney. Also, figure out where you will place the finished pot of chicken when you bring it in. It is heavy and big. A metal pizza pan placed on top of trivets works for me. You will need one for each Dutch Oven dish.
2. Start the charcoal in the charcoal chimney.
3. In a bowl large enough to contain all the above ingredients, start by mixing the four tablespoons of powdered buttermilk in one cup of water.
4. Pour the other ingredients into the bowl of buttermilk and mix slowly for thirty seconds and then vigorously for 90 seconds.
5. In a 10 inch Dutch Oven place one ring of charcoals under the Dutch Oven. Pour the bowl of ingredients into the Dutch Oven.
6. Place the lid on the Dutch Oven and put 1 1/2 rings of charcoal on the top lid. This should produce a 350 degree oven.
7. Cook approximately 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the lid about 90 degrees about half way through to make sure the heat is even.
mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
[Go Back to My Dutch Oven Page]
[Go Back to My Food Page]
[Go Back to My